Are you in the process of creating your first estate plan? Do you have some concerns about the steps you’re taking and what you should and shouldn’t be doing? Are you ready to put this in the past once and for all?
Creating your first estate plan is easier said than done. Fortunately, you aren’t alone. Once you consult with an East Brunswick estate planning lawyer, you’ll feel much better about what the future will bring.
Here are just a few of the many ways an East Brunswick estate planning lawyer can help you create the perfect first estate plan:
- Explain the process. There is nothing more important than this, as you need to understand the process of creating an estate plan, including where you fit in and the types of decisions you need to make. If nothing else, lean on your legal team to put you in position to succeed. This can help you avoid a lot of mistakes.
- Help you decide between a will and a trust. This is one of the biggest estate planning decisions you have to make, so it’s important to tackle this detail early on. There are pros and cons of both, so you’ll want to talk to your attorney about what makes the most sense for someone in your position.
- Incapacity planning. Many people think about estate planning and worry about nothing more than what happens to their assets upon their death. As important as this may be, you also need to focus some time on incapacity planning. In other words, what will happen to you if you are incapacitated and unable to make financial and medical decisions for yourself? There are estate planning tools you can use to protect against trouble.
Along with all the above, there are other things that an estate planning lawyer can help you with. For example, we know that retirement planning and estate planning should go together hand in hand. Here’s what we have to say about this on our website:
“Your retirement plans will impact your estate plans and vice versa. To ensure that both plans work in harmony with one another, you need a retirement planning component within your overall estate plan.”
Here’s the only thing you need to remember: if it has anything to do with estate planning, an attorney can probably step in and provide the assistance you need. From there, you’ll have peace of mind in knowing that you’ve made the best possible decision.
Regardless of your age, creating your first estate plan isn’t something you should continue to put off. If you don’t have one of these in place, it’s hard to look toward the future with a clear mind.
Fortunately, we’re here to help. At our law firm, we can help you with all aspects of estate planning. If you’re ready to get started today, don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your needs. We’re here to help you with anything and everything you need!
- First Time Estate Planning Mistakes - March 1, 2021
- How to Confidently Choose a Nursing Home for an Elderly Parent - February 22, 2021
- Staying Current is Especially Important in the Pandemic - October 30, 2020