At Levine, Furman & Rubin, LLC, we’re available to help people from all walks of life with their estate planning and elder law needs.
While we have clients all over the great state of New Jersey, many reside in Middlesex County. From drafting a will to discussing Medicaid planning, we’re available to provide a variety of assistance.
Let’s put it this way: if you need any help with estate planning, you can rely on us to guide you every step of the way. It’s our goal to make sure you feel good about the plan you have in place.
Middlesex County, New Jersey: Things to Know
Located in north-central New Jersey, Middlesex County (which was established on March 7, 1683) has an approximate population of 843,000. With so many residents, Middlesex County is the second largest in the entire state.
Covering a total area of 322.83 square miles, residents are spread out all over the county.
Some additional details of interest include:
- There is 91 square miles of water within Middlesex County
- Middlesex County is home to a large park system, with approximately 6,300 acres
- Adjacent counties include: Richmond County (New York), Somerset County, Mercer County, Monmouth County, and Union County
As noted above, the park system is one of the largest in the state with some of the best including:
- Donaldson Park
- Carteret Waterfront Park
- Merrill Park
- Old Bridge Waterfront Walkway
- Alvin P. Williams Memorial Park
- John A. Phillips Open Space Preserve
Home to Top NJ Employers
There are many reasons for the population growth of Middlesex County, including the job market.
Middlesex County is home to some of the top employers in the state, including:
- Rutgers University
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Merrill Lynch & Company
- JFK Medical Center
- Home Depot
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
Of course, the county is also home to many small businesses that employ a large number of Middlesex County residents.
Top Notch Healthcare
It’s not something that everyone thinks about, but one of the primary benefits of living in Middlesex County is the healthcare options. Here is a list of the many facilities in the county:
- JFK Medical Center
- Raritan Bay Medical Center, Perth Amboy
- Raritan Bay Medical Center, Old Bridge
- PSE&G Children’s Specialized Hospital
- Peter’s University Hospital
- Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
- University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro
Higher Education Institutions
As a resident of Middlesex County, you don’t have to look far to expand your education. This is due to the fact that it’s home to some of the best higher education institutions in the country.
- Rutgers University New Brunswick Campus
- Middlesex County College
- Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences
- DeVry University
In addition to the many Middlesex County residents who attend these institutions, they also attract students from all over the world.
Elder Law and Estate Planning for Middlesex County Residents
Elder law and estate planning require your full and undivided attention. If you overlook any detail, no matter how small, it can harm you and/or your family now or in the future.
Our legal team has been serving residents of Middlesex County for many years, providing services such as:
- Medicaid planning
- Will and trust creation
- Trust administration
- Special Needs Planning
- Retirement planning